[mythtv-users] Mythbackend always runs at startup

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Sat Nov 26 10:06:20 UTC 2016

On 26/11/16 03:49, Don Brett wrote:
> On 11/25/2016 5:34 PM, Stephen Villano wrote:
>> Check if your database is accepting connections from the network.
>>
>> On 11/25/16, Don Brett <dlbrett at zoominternet.net> wrote:
>>> I've migrated a 14.04 mythtv database over to  a newly built 16.04 box.
>>> All went pretty well, except when I restart the computer, it always
>>> comes into the mythbackend setup program.  I don't see anything wrong
>>> with the settings, so I exit from it, manually start the frontend, and
>>> all is well.  This happens each time I reboot, any suggestions on what
>>> to look for?
>>>

>>> ---
>>>

> I'm not sure how to tell, but I can ssh in using putty, then run: mysql -umythtv -p, which works
> fine.  Also the backend general settings are:
>
> IPv4 address: 192.168.0.124
> IPv6 address = ::1
> IP address: 192.168.0.124 / Port 6543
>
> Does this answer the question?  What else should I look for?

Getting in via ssh kinda defeats the point of the question. Once you use ssh, you are effectively
accessing mysql from /inside/ the backend machine. This will work even if mysql denies remote access
for whatever reason.

As others have pointed out, what you are seeing is likely a systemd wrinkle. I have yet to wrestle
that alligator so check their advice.

--

Mike Perkins