[mythtv-users] Script to remove all old recordings prior a given date

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Nov 25 21:59:59 UTC 2016

On 11/23/2016 10:49 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> Having a 32TB backend, the amount of recordings kept has become insane.
>
> How could I remove in one go all the recording that are older than two
> years old?
>
> I guess after that, I can use the find_orphans script to clean up the
> storage space.

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Delete_recordings.py

Lets you delete recording by most any search criteria.  Will ask you
before doing the actual delete, so don't worry about trial and error to
get the right search.  That said, I think the wiki page will give you
exactly what you need.  (Oh, and it should be fine with current MythTV,
too--the 0.24 on the page means that it was verified to work on that
version (someone actually used it then) and no one has updated the page
to say it works on other, newer versions.)

Mike