[mythtv-users] RF remote recommendation

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 12:45:31 UTC 2016

On 22 November 2016 at 15:38, Rajil Saraswat <rajil.s at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have been using Philips MCE remote until now and generally it has
> worked well. However, it needs line of sight to the receiver as it is
> based on infrared. Is there any recommended RF remote which works well
> with mythtv?

Checkout out Universal Remote (http://www.universalremote.com/)

I have an old MX-810 with a MRC-260 (it has 4 discrete IR output and a
broadcast bit).
The MX-810 can use both IR or RF (418MHz). There's a zigbee version too.

Imported from the US. While discontinued, you can find 2nd hand one on
Amazon for around US $80, The MRF260 from US$25 (also used)

Fairly steady, after years of ownership, it's identical to when I
first got it. In comparison, most of the buttons on my logitech
purchased around the same time have complately faded or the paint worn
off.

Fairly easy to setup, though you have to use windows.

JY