[mythtv-users] OT: Aspect ratio broadcast rant

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 22:11:50 UTC 2016

On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 1:43 PM, Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 9:21 AM, Devin Heitmueller <
> dheitmueller at kernellabs.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 9:17 AM, Devin Heitmueller
>> <dheitmueller at kernellabs.com> wrote:

>> from a
>> >
>> > Tell him to send you the MPEG file that he is feeding into
>> > StreamScope.  Then you can run it through tsanalyzer and see if it
>>
>> Sorry, s/tsanalyzer/tsreader/
>>
>> Devin
>>

> As of this morning, two of the subs are back to 4:3. No replies from the
> station/network, but as Gary suggested earlier in the thread, that
> acknowledgement won't happen as they'll circle the wagons. :-)

Okay...so months later, situation rears its head again.

TSReader says 16:9. ffmpeg -i shows a SAR of 40:33 (not a typo) and a DAR
of 16:9.

Everything on my end is passthrough. Shows 16:9 instead of 4:3.

Station engineer says feed monitors at station show 4:3.

I really don't get it. Myth and the HDHomerun viewer both show it as 16:9.

[bangs head on desk]