[mythtv-users] mythtranscode just deleted my file

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 23:39:47 UTC 2016

On 21 November 2016 at 09:37, Paul Gardiner <lists at glidos.net> wrote:
> Oh okay. That's good to know. Thanks Stuart.
>
> Cheers,
>         Paul.

I have a patch ready to go..
I'll be uplifiting it to 0.28 too...

It is difficult to provide 100% match with what 0.27 was doing however.

Right now the following cases will cause the original file to not be deleted
1- Be in HLS mode (--hls)
2- An output file as been provided (-o/--outfile)
3- FIFO mode is turned on (--fifodir)

For everything else, the original file will be deleted.

Personally, I don't really like this behaviour, I would much prefer if
the original recording (and associated data: cutting list, seek point
etc) wasn't being deleted unless explictly asked.
Say with a --delete switch.

I read somewhere that the GUI has an entry to configure that, could
anyone point me to that ?

thanks
JY