[mythtv-users] Frontend hardware: VDPAU or VAAPI?

Steve Greene sgreene59 at verizon.net
Wed Nov 16 21:05:09 UTC 2016

I just pulled the trigger on the NUC5PPYH. I'll report on my experience.
The Liva X, using a lower spec N2708 Celeron, works well as a frontend in
the bedroom. I expect the newer N3700 based NUC will do even better.

I have my fingers crossed that support for more advanced interlacing
options (and filter options) are in the cards from the Devs.

Steve