[mythtv-users] Nvidia Back In A Mini-PC Format?

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Tue Nov 15 18:54:34 UTC 2016

On Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 1:13 PM, Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com> wrote:

> On 11/15/2016 9:11 AM, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
>

>> "the compact PC starts at $699".  Ouch!  But also way overkill.
>>
>> With the right content[1] and the right GPU, an Atom does just fine.
>>   Bought my last two IONs for about $100-120 IIRC.
>>

> I agree. As I said, lots of other smaller, cheaper options. But the Nvidia
> thing made me post this.

Looks like the 'base model' doesn't even include Xeon/NVidia:

"As for the price, the compact PC starts at $699, which probably gets you
an Intel Core i3 configuration without discrete graphics. HP didn't say how
much a Xeon/NVIDIA setup will be, but it's likely well over double that."

That along with the lack of HDMI makes this pretty much a non-starter for
media playback, which, to be fair, isn't the target market.

Tom