[mythtv-users] malformed_ann_query

Ken Huisman ken_a at outofthenorth.net
Tue Nov 15 04:26:03 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a raspberry pi as a frontend connecting to an
existing backend I have running 0.28 (mythbuntu)
Using the instructions on the mythtv wiki, I've got it to the point
where the frontend on the pi can talk to the mysql server and see the
recordings on the backend, but when I try to play back a recording from
the backend I get a socket error like this:

2016-11-14 23:09:44.619941 E [1038/1038] CoreContext remotefile.cpp:250
(openSocket) - RemoteFile::openSocket(file data socket): Failed to open
socket, error was malformed_ann_query
2016-11-14 23:09:44.620886 E [1038/1038] CoreContext
fileringbuffer.cpp:371 (OpenFile) -
FileRingBuf(myth://pvr/1061_20161111013000.ts):
RingBuffer::RingBuffer(): Failed to open remote file
(myth://pvr/1061_20161111013000.ts)

Any thoughts about what this error means?
I've verified the file it is complaining about is there on the backend.
If I understand the code correctly the error is coming from the backend.

The backend logs dont say much:
Nov 14 23:09:44 pvr mythbackend: mythbackend[807]: E ProcessRequest
mainserver.cpp:1676 (HandleAnnounce) MainServer: Received malformed ANN
query

Could this be caused by the fact that the frontend is version 0.28-76
while the backend is 0.28-78?

Thanks

Ken

mythbackend --version
MythTV Version : v0.28-78-g1434df8
MythTV Branch : fixes/0.28
Network Protocol : 88
Library API : 0.28.20160309-1
QT Version : 5.2.1
Options compiled in:
 linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_crystalhd using_dvb
using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_vbox using_ceton
using_hdpvr using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libcec using_libcrypto
using_libdns_sd using_libfftw3 using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg
using_opengl using_opengl_video using_opengl_themepainter using_qtwebkit
using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_sdl using_taglib using_v4l2 using_x11
using_xrandr using_xv using_profiletype using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_freetype2
using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vaapi using_vdpau
using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg using_libass using_libxml2

mythfrontend --version
MythTV Version : v0.28-76-g7f8f168
MythTV Branch : mythtv-fixes/0.28
Network Protocol : 88
Library API : 0.28.20160309-1
QT Version : 5.3.2
Options compiled in:
 linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_dvb using_firewire
using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_vbox using_ceton using_hdpvr
using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libcec using_libcrypto
using_libdns_sd using_libfftw3 using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg
using_opengl using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_taglib
using_v4l2 using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_profiletype
using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php
using_freetype2 using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_opengles
using_openmax using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg using_libass using_libxml2