[mythtv-users] Resetting mysql password for mythtv user

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Mon Nov 14 17:23:27 UTC 2016

On 11/13/2016 12:04 PM, Mike Perkins wrote:
> On 13/11/16 13:24, Simon Waldman wrote:
>> Hi list,
>> So, two questions - and sorry if these are more MySQL questions than
>> MythTV
>> ones:
>>
>> 1. Should I remove one of these users? If so, how? And how to tell which
>> one?
>>
>> 2. How can I reset the password for the user that is left?

Now to the first question;
And this IS DANGEROUS.

Still as root in mysql database;

mysql> delete from user where user="mythtv" and host="somehost";

but you probably do not need to do that. You probably have a localhost
host and a 127.0.0.1 host. It does not damage to have both.
In the future, if you set up slave systems, you might need to add
mythtv at man-cave and a mythtv at bedroom1 entries so those machines can
access the backend.