[mythtv-users] mythbackend not responding on port 6543

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Mon Nov 14 15:36:41 UTC 2016

On Mon, 14 Nov 2016 15:40:25 +0100, you wrote:

>Hoi Stephen,
>
>Monday, November 14, 2016, 1:33:53 PM, you wrote:
>

>Just something that is simple to try. You said you rebooted as your
>DVB-S2 USB tuner was not working properly anymore. What happens if you
>boot the machine without connecting the tuner? If it then works
>"properly" there might be a stronger issue with that tuner.
>It anyhow sounds as if it is locking up in some loop.

It was a good thought.  When that tuner fails, there is normally a log
message about a USB port problem - I have always thought it was likely
to be a USB driver bug causing it, rather than a bug in the tuner
driver.  Unplugging and plugging in the tuner does not make it work
again - I always have to do a complete reboot.  But if the tuner was
partly able to communicate, it could be causing a heap of USB traffic
and slowing mythbackend down exponentially.

So I tried rebooting without that tuner - but it made no difference.