[mythtv-users] Stutter playback 720 60fps

Kevin Johnson iitywygms at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 21:11:27 UTC 2016

On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 9:54 AM, Kevin Johnson <iitywygms at gmail.com> wrote:

> My log may have not been getting through to the list.
> Below is a link to the -v playback.
>
> If anyone sees something that may help please let me know.
>
> http://pasted.co/66fe9b5d

This may only be happening on channels that are 720p and h.264 encoding.
Maybe it is just me, but when it does happen, it seems like livetv starts
faster than normal.  Meaning that when I start livetv, it is up and going
in like one second.  When it does not happen, live tv takes 2-3 seconds to
start.
And, when it is happening, (the stutter) the progress bar shows about a 2
second delay.  When it starts without stuttering, the progress bar shows
about a 5 second delay.
So I think this is all about livetv starting to fast.
Is there anything I can do to delay the live tv start time?  (Add some sort
of buffer)
Anything?????