[mythtv-users] Raspberry Pi 3 and MythTV-Light

David Snider david at davidsnider.org
Sat Nov 12 16:21:55 UTC 2016

> On Nov 12, 2016, at 8:09 AM, Jeffrey Preston <jpreston at longlines.com> wrote:
>
> >> I purchased a Raspberry Pi 3, and loaded Raspian (downloaded from the
>
> >> web site) following the instructions on the MythTV-Light page. When I
> >> connect to my currently running 0.28 fixes backend, I get the following
> >> error message:
> >>

> >> This version of MythTV requires an updated database.
> >>
> >> (schema is 27 versions behind)
> >>

> > I don't know if MythTV-Light comes with plugins enabled (there is a
> > package 'mythplugins-light' so I guess it might be the case if you
> > installed it too).
> >
> > Some frontend plugins also need database schema upgrade and if your
> > raspi is the first frontend with such a plugin enabled to connect to the
> > backend, it will trigger the upgrade of the db schema for that or these
> > plugins.
>
> I haven't installed the plugins. Don't usually need them... So given that,
>
> what could be causing MythTV-Light to "think that my backend database
>
> is from a decade ago???
>
> > Anyway, make sure you have a recent backup of your database before
> > continuing with the upgrade process.
>
> I always backup, but my NAS box is offline while I am moving it to the other
>
> side of my house. I am also re-wiring in that area, so it will take a bit
>
> longer. However, I guess my point here, is that I shouldn't need to
>
> update my database, given that I am running the latest version of 0.28 fixes.
>
> Even if I need to update the database for some reason for MythTV-Light,
>
> how would I do that, since that would seem to have to be done
>
> locally on the server itself.

I went through this same problem.  I don’t install all of the plugins on my mythbuntu boxes, but mythplugins-light had some plugins that I didn’t use.   So, when I ran mythplugins for the first time, it had to do the upgrade, but for me, the upgrade happened right from the screen you are seeing, I simply said ok or clicked next or something on the screen (I don’t recall what the button said).

Here is what I would suggest, log into your backend, do a backup of the database to the local filesystem (since your NAS is offline), reboot that raspberry pi, do the upgrade from that screen, and let us know how it goes.