[mythtv-users] Imon remote frustrations

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Nov 11 15:15:53 UTC 2016

On 11/09/2016 01:26 AM, Neil Salstrom wrote:
> This past weekend my faithful Gen 1 HDHomerun finally died (and a new
> power supply didn't fix it this time).  I had been using that as my IR
> receiver to control my system and it worked easily and flawlessly.
> I've got a new HDHomerun on order but these models do not have IR.
>
> My case is the Antec Fusion with the VFD and Imon IR receiver and I've
> had no luck getting the remote working with either LIRC or
> ir-keytable.  My previous setup was using LIRC with the HDHomerun

> I'm now trying to get the same setup working using the IR receiver in the case:
>
> Bus 005 Device 002: ID 15c2:ffdc SoundGraph Inc. iMON PAD Remote Controller
>
> It just does not seem to be working no matter what I try. With LIRC I
> can't get any codes generated using irw.  With ir-keytable I don't get
> any output with the "-t" option.
>
> Does anyone with this case have the IR receiver working? What are you
> using?  LIRC or ir-keytable?  How do you get a remote such as the one
> above working with it?  If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear
> them!

I have been using a Soundgraph IR (same lsb codes) for almost 10 years.

Due to a change to a Harmony 300 remote I am using ir-keytable and it
works like a charm.
LIRC is NOT running.

The operative file is /etc/rc_keymaps/imon_pad.
It is started with a 'ir-keytable -c -w /etc/rc_keymap/imon_pad' during
startup (/etc/rc.d/rc.local in Fedora).

The imon_pad file (with re-mappings start like this:

# table imon_pad, type: OTHER
# keytable imon-pad with mythtv mapping added
# # keycode mapping from
/usr/src/kernels/4.xxxx86_64/include/uapi/linux/input-event-codes.h
# # mythtv mapping uses keycodes below 255 *AND* re-maps key to Harmony 300
# # eg  0x28a115b7 = KEY_BACKSPACE (0x0e) # KEY_D

0x2ba385b7 KEY_MENU
#0x2ba395b7 KEY_MENU
0x2ba385b7 KEY_M  #Menu
0x2ba395b7 KEY_M
#0x2b8595b7 KEY_LANGUAGE
0x2b8595b7 KEY_I  #Info
#0x29b715b7 KEY_DASHBOARD
0x29b715b7 KEY_O  # Guide
#0x0200002a KEY_BACKSPACE # KEY_D
#0x28a115b7 KEY_BACKSPACE # KEY_D
0x0200002a KEY_D  # Delete
0x28a115b7 KEY_D  # Delete
#0x688301b7 BTN_MOUSE
0x688301b7 KEY_HOME  # Forward one day in EPG
#0x688481b7 BTN_RIGHT
0x688481b7 KEY_END   # Back one day in EPG

#0x28a515b7 KEY_TV  Yellow
0x28a515b7 KEY_F    # Adjust picture settings
#0x2ba115b7 KEY_IMAGES Blue
0x2ba115b7 KEY_V    # Create PiP
#0x2b8515b7 KEY_VIDEO  Red
0x2b8515b7 KEY_B    # Change PiP focus
#0x299195b7 KEY_AUDIO  Green
0x299195b7 KEY_N    # Swap PiP channels

The rest of the entries are directly from the kernel....
input-event-codes.h file referenced above.

There are couple of buttons on the Harmony which do not work: They
produce >256 keycodes I presume. Not bothered to hunt them done. Note
that some result keys are created by 2 different raw codes.

Much less complicated then lirc. I changed from lirc because the
original remote died and the Harmony will not reprogram through
Logitech's crazy setup.

There is more assistance on teh mythtv wiki. Search for 'HID device'
Geoff

--
              R. Geoffrey Newbury