[mythtv-users] Imon remote frustrations

Alec Leamas leamas.alec at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 07:00:22 UTC 2016

On 09/11/16 07:26, Neil Salstrom wrote:

> My case is the Antec Fusion with the VFD and Imon IR receiver and I've
> had no luck getting the remote working with either LIRC or
> ir-keytable.  My previous setup was using LIRC with the HDHomerun
> receiver.  I was using a default remote setup from my Onkyo receiver
> and just mapped the buttons to the corresponding Mythtv codes.

> I'm now trying to get the same setup working using the IR receiver in the case:
>
> Bus 005 Device 002: ID 15c2:ffdc SoundGraph Inc. iMON PAD Remote Controller
>
> It just does not seem to be working no matter what I try. With LIRC I
> can't get any codes generated using irw.  With ir-keytable I don't get
> any output with the "-t" option.

In that case your best bet is probably LIRC. IMHO, ir-keytable is nice
when it works, but hard to tweak. Might be wrong, for sure.

> Does anyone with this case have the IR receiver working? What are you
> using?  LIRC or ir-keytable?  How do you get a remote such as the one
> above working with it?  If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear
> them!

First, take a deep breath. Unfortunately, these things tend to take some
time :)

The next stop is probably mode2(1). This should show you if the kernel
delivers data to lircd or not.

If you have a /dev/lirc0 device the correct options to mode2 should be
--driver default --device /dev/lirc0

BTW, what's your OS?

Cheers!

--alec