[mythtv-users] MythTV Light / Rasp Pi 3 Live TV quality

Peter Bennett cats22 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 8 17:45:13 UTC 2016

On 11/07/2016 04:41 PM, Ken Bass wrote:
> I put the same channel on which was a sports channel (Tennis Channel
> HD) and it looks crisp and clear on Kodi, no jaggies, etc. I swapped
> SD card to the MythTV Light and it was more pixelated and had jagged
> edges. That was using Openmax High Quality. The source was the HDHR
> Prime (so MPEG2TS) and I purchased the decode license for the Pi3 and
> had low CPU utilization on both. I believe the source was 1080i, not
> 720p.

I have never seen anything like this. There was a pixelation problem in
a version of MythTV some 6 months ago, which was fixed. I assume you are
not using a 6 month old version of MythTV on Raspberry Pi.

On Kodi are you using the MythTV plugin or something else (I believe
there is now something that can watch TV directly on Kodi from an HDHR
Prime)?

If you watch a recording of the same show with both Kodi and
mythfrontend, do you see the difference? If you watch the same thing on
a normal frontend how does it look?

Possibly the Raspberry Pi is set on different screen resolutions with
the different SD cards? This can be set in /boot/config.txt.

Perhaps you have a bigger/better TV than I do and can see things I
cannot. You could try editing the playback profile and change the
deinterlace method. There are several available, and maybe that would
make a difference.

Let me know what happens if you try any of these things.