[mythtv-users] frontend crashes

Steve Greene sgreene59 at verizon.net
Mon Nov 7 23:05:15 UTC 2016

I'm pretty sure this is related to this Mythbuntu reported bug
<https://www.mail-archive.com/mythbuntu-bugs@lists.launchpad.net/msg10233.html>,
except I'm running 16.04, not 16.10. It seems like mythfrontend isn't
really started, so the crash doesn't leave a trace I recognize in the logs.
The display says "Restarting Frontend: The Front end crash unexpectedly
(exit code 139) and is restarting. Please wait..."  This frontend is on an
old Nvidia ION (Asus EB1501).

It just loops through this message. The bug report says this exit code is
related to timezones, so I guess I'll look through /var/log/apt and see if
any recent timezone updates were pushed through.

Anyone else have any thoughts?