[mythtv-users] dvb-t modulator instead of hdpvr

Yianni Vidalis yiannividalis at hotmail.com
Sat May 28 06:42:12 UTC 2016

> >See here for events:
> >
> >https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythTV_System_Events
> >
> >Let me know if you need help with getting this to work.
>
> I missed the %CHANID% field in the table - that would be better to
> pass to the script than %RECID%.  You would still need to map that to
> the channel number you need to send to the STB.  I would be fairly
> easy to lookup the channel database for that CHANID and get the
> corresponding channel number.

Thanks for your help, Stephen, the info sounds very promising. I'm still waiting for the power adapter to arrive, but if that fails, I hope I have this alternative. Although I think something doesn't add up. It wouldn't be elegant... For the dvb-t card to start recording, it would have to think that the program is in one of the channels it can tune to. So I think I should add all the stb channels to the new source (or add the new adapter to the existing stb source), but setting all their frequencies to the only one available - hoping that mythtv doesn't complain - and then trying your solution.

What would be really needed is a type of passive dvb-t recorder in mythtv-setup, something like a hdpvr without the ... hdpvr part (I know, patches are welcome!).

Thanks again, you've given me something to think about.

Yianni