[mythtv-users] MythTV Backend on Proxmox?

Mike Hodson mystica at gmail.com
Thu May 26 03:10:18 UTC 2016

On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 8:38 PM, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:

> The only small issue I've found is that my
> recordedseek table keeps getting marked as crashed so sometimes skip forward
> doesn't work properly. But I think this is related to my low-powered NAS
> struggling to keep up with the I/O rather than anything to do with
> virtualisation.
>
> My recommendation is to go for it.

This might actually be related to your disk-caching settings for KVM.
You may be doing an unsafe writeback (or even a safe writeback but
something getting cached and not sync()'d for the DB writes) and then
this shows up when you get a spontaneous reboot of the VM..

I'd look into this before just shrugging and hoping that its an
underpowered CPU.
Might have some more data-safety concerns than simply skipping forward :)

Mike