[mythtv-users] Raspberry Pi 3 working on 0.28-fixes?

Curtis Gedak gedakc at gmail.com
Wed May 25 19:39:34 UTC 2016

On 2016-05-25 09:27 AM, raspberry pi wrote:

> Peter, I thought gedakc got EGLFS working well, are there new issues or regressions?

Actually LVR gets the credit for getting EGLFS and mythfrontend working
with a custom patched version of QT 5.4.  If I recall correctly LVR
mentioned that it would be much too difficult to get it working with any
version less than QT 5.4.

If you wish to try any of LVRs builds or my build on a full Raspian
Jessie install then you can use the tutorial I wrote.   See:

Setting Up an Inexpensive Raspberry Pi 2 as a Cheap Frontend to MythTV
with MythFrontend
http://gedakc.users.sourceforge.net/display-doc.php?name=pvr-rpi-mythtv-frontend

Note that both the LVR builds and my build support both XCB and EGLFS.

> All, will XCB/OpenMax ever support ATSC sub-titles?

If I recall, OpenMAX was written to support European or PAL sub-titles.
 I suspect that it needs someone with an itch to put in the effort to
add ATSC sub-titles.

Curtis