[mythtv-users] Raspberry Pi 3 working on 0.28-fixes?

Peter Bennett (cats22) cats22 at comcast.net
Tue May 24 15:41:23 UTC 2016

On 05/23/2016 10:18 PM, raspberry pi wrote:

> Hi, I would like to compile mythtv until Raspbian (Jessie) includes it
> and was wondering does the myth 0.28-fixes branch compile mythfrontend
> with Raspberry Pi 3 GPU hardware acceleration?

You can compile it yourself, install on Ubuntu Mate Xenial using the
ppa, or install one of my pre-built packages
(https://github.com/bennettpeter/mythtv/releases)

> Does QT5 still need to be built or does installing qtcreator (5)
> install the necessary QT5 build-deps?

You do not need to build QT5. See instructions at
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Build_from_Source with list of packages you
need to install.

> In general are there 3 modes: XCB/OpenMax, XCB/OpenMax EGLFS, and
> OpenGL High Quality?

The only version I currently support is XCB with OpenMAX. There are
unresolved problems with EGLFS.

> Does EGLFS mode run outside of X?

It would do so if you can get it to work.

> Are the important configure switches? --enable-opengles
> --enable-openmax --enable-ffmpeg_threads

See the wiki instructions (URL above)

> I couldn't get Peter's MythTV Lite working on Lubuntu Jessie, even
> after a lot of tweaking (firmware, drivers, mythtv config) and mythtv
> from Lubuntu's apt-get repo wasn't compiled with openmax or opengles
> support. I'll move back to Raspbian for convenience and OpenGL speed
> and try to build if anyone can help.

I have MythTV Light for Raspbian, Ubuntu Mate Wily and Ubuntu Mate
Xenial. I don't know if any will work with Lubuntu.