[mythtv-users] Raspberry Pi 3 working on 0.28-fixes?

Mike Bibbings mike.bibbings at gmail.com
Tue May 24 15:34:35 UTC 2016

On 24/05/16 03:18, raspberry pi wrote:

> Hi, I would like to compile mythtv until Raspbian (Jessie) includes it
> and was wondering does the myth 0.28-fixes branch compile mythfrontend
> with Raspberry Pi 3 GPU hardware acceleration?
>
> Does QT5 still need to be built or does installing qtcreator (5)
> install the necessary QT5 build-deps?
>
> In general are there 3 modes: XCB/OpenMax, XCB/OpenMax EGLFS, and
> OpenGL High Quality?
>
> Does EGLFS mode run outside of X?
>
> Are the important configure switches? --enable-opengles
> --enable-openmax --enable-ffmpeg_threads
>
> I couldn't get Peter's MythTV Lite working on Lubuntu Jessie, even
> after a lot of tweaking (firmware, drivers, mythtv config) and mythtv
> from Lubuntu's apt-get repo wasn't compiled with openmax or opengles
> support. I'll move back to Raspbian for convenience and OpenGL speed
> and try to build if anyone can help.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help, esp. lvr, gedakc, and peter.

Does not help you, but there is a problem using Raspbian Jessie on a pi3
with mythtv-light from Peter Bennett into a mythbackend running on
Mythbuntu 16.04 with mysql 5.7.12. mythtv-light on the same Pi3 runs
well into a mythbackend running on Ubuntu 16.04 beta with mysql 5.6.28.

On the Pi3 I connected to mysql server running 5.6.28 and ran a the same
sql  that the mythfrontend complained about.

select grpid,name from channelgroupnames order by name;

It works fine,

but on mysql 5.7.12 mythbackend it errors:

  mysql> select grpid,name from channelgroupnames order by name;
ERROR 2027 (HY000): Malformed packet

Mike