[mythtv-users] DVB to IPTV

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Tue May 24 14:52:35 UTC 2016

On Tue, 24 May 2016 15:23:37 +0200, you wrote:

>Thanks Stephen,
>
>I want to convert DVB to IPTV because I need to feed 2 backend. I know
>that mumudvb use multicast, I want to emulate my ISP IPTV. I have IGMP
>snooping switches, so it is OK.
>
>My ISP use this kind of PLS:
>
>#EXTM3U name="IPTV"
>#EXTINF:-1 type=mpeg dlna_extras=mpeg_ps_pal
>logo=http://www.movistar.es/estaticos/imagenes/tv-ocio/imagenes/logos-tv/140x114/promocional.jpg,
>[000] Movistar+
>rtp://@239.0.0.77:8208
>#EXTINF:-1 type=mpeg dlna_extras=mpeg_ps_pal
>logo=http://www.movistar.es/estaticos/imagenes/tv-ocio/imagenes/logos-tv/140x114/tve1.jpg,
>[001] TVE 1
>rtp://@239.0.0.76:8208
>#EXTINF:-1 type=mpeg dlna_extras=mpeg_ps_pal
>logo=http://www.movistar.es/estaticos/imagenes/tv-ocio/imagenes/logos-tv/140x114/tve1.jpg,
>[001] TVE 1 HD
>rtp://@239.0.0.185:8208
>#EXTINF:-1 type=mpeg dlna_extras=mpeg_ps_pal
>logo=http://www.movistar.es/estaticos/imagenes/tv-ocio/imagenes/logos-tv/140x114/tve2.jpg,
>[002] TVE 2
>rtp://@239.0.0.2:8208
>
>Will mythbackend handle this streams?

The rtp://@239.0.0.x:8208 URLs look like IGMP multicast to me, but as
I said, I have yet to try recording IGMP multicast with MythTV, so I
do not know for sure.  It should be easy to just add the ISP IPTV
tuners to your existing setup and see if it works.  Without any EPG on
the IPTV channels, MythTV should not try to record from them
automatically using your existing recording rules, so just trying it
out should not cause any harm in your existing setup.