[mythtv-users] WHERE IS THE JSON GRABBER? Was "xmltv and atlas grabber"

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Mon May 23 09:04:22 UTC 2016

On 23/05/16 06:20, Neil Bird wrote:
> On 22/05/16 21:33, Mike Perkins wrote:
>> Nope. A source defines the way your tuners work, roughly. Channels are
>> tied to sources and the tuning information for each channel is held in
>> the channel record.
>> A single source can be associated with a number of tuners, in order to
>> record more than one thing at a time, but the tuners must all use the
>> same tuning parameters.
>
>   OK, so I have to remain with two source SD config. files ,even though they're technically the
> same, and potentially always run with --only-update-guide to prevent channels I don't want being
> ignored.
>
>   It's how I have it, but thought maybe it could be optimised.

I forgot to add, of course the two channels in my example would /probably/ have the same schedule
information. This isn't guaranteed, since (for example) the contents of regional programs may vary
across suppliers, but is generally true.

In this case you could pull the schedule information once but you'd have to filter it and apply it
to two or more sources.

--

Mike Perkins