[mythtv-users] Multiple sources on Schedules Direct run

Robert Eden rmeden at gmail.com
Sun May 22 19:52:15 UTC 2016

On 5/22/2016 1:17 PM, Ian Evans wrote:
> Hit send before I asked this: why the need for three separate runs? My
> current mythfilldatabase run grabs, compresses and downloads listings
> for three different postal codes/sources in one run and I don't need
> to have a grabber configured for two of the sources, just one. Seems
> like extra load on the SD server.

I haven't looked at the tv_grab_sd_json grabber, but with tv_grab_na_sd,
I needed to limit the output to a single lineup originally to avoid
multiple <channel> entries with the same channel number.  The channel-id
was originally based on the channel number, so the restriction may not
be needed any more.

I checked and tv_grab_sd_json does allow multiple lineups to be
configured at once... so multiple grabs may not be needed.