[mythtv-users] Status of Schedules Direct SD-JSON grabbers

Robert Eden rmeden at gmail.com
Sun May 22 19:07:19 UTC 2016

First, I do understand the urgency felt by UK MythTV users and the clock
is ticking.

tv_grab_sd_json was just added to the XMLTV project a few days ago and
has not been officially released.

a new XMLTV SD-JSON grabber was just offered to XMLTV.  It is still only
on github.  ( ttps://github.com/garybuhrmaster/tv_grab_na_sd )

It seems to work well and much faster than tv_grab_sd_json .  Of course
it has a different required packages.

It was also pointed out that tv_grab_sd_json is *not* for Sudan, so the
name doesn't fit the standard pattern. The names of both grabbers may
change.

So, please be a little patient with us (XMLTV). Since we're 4 weeks out
from Atlas shutting down, I suspect things to gel quickly and we'll have
an XMLTV release within a couple of weeks.  That gives the packages time
to make normal distribution packages for Linux distribution and allow
all users to make a smooth (albeit rushed) transition.

I (and I'm sure the authors) appearance the feedback trying out the new
grabbers, it will make for a better release.  Non-technical users may
want to sit out for now.

RobertE  (not RobertK... we confusing you yet?)

XMLTV and yes, also Schedules Direct