[mythtv-users] WHERE IS THE JSON GRABBER? Was "xmltv and atlas grabber"

Robert Eden rmeden at gmail.com
Sun May 22 18:26:16 UTC 2016

On 5/22/2016 12:13 PM, Mike Perkins wrote:
> One point I always thought was odd was having a separate .xmltv file
> which always had to be kept in step with the database. Why couldn't
> this be generated as part of the mythfilldatabase process, thus
> ensuring the contents were always up to date? Is this a consequence of
> having most of the developers based in North America and thus not
> aware of the potential issues?

The .xmltv directory normally holds config files and caches for the
XMLTV grabbers.  The XMLTV project is a different one, and while there
is cooperation, XMLTV deals with a lot more than MythTV. MythTV also
deals with other data sources.

If mythfilldatabase could call a configurable command (it may be able to
do that now, I'm not sure), you would still want to keep the text file
generated by the grabber for troubleshooting.