[mythtv-users] WHERE IS THE JSON GRABBER? Was "xmltv and atlas grabber"

Robert Kulagowski rkulagow at gmail.com
Sun May 22 17:28:03 UTC 2016

On Sun, May 22, 2016 at 10:04 AM, Neil Bird <lists at fnxweb.com> wrote:
>   Right, OK then:  it seems to be working for me.  Only time will tell, but
> here's my write-up and channel-mapping list:
>
>   https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Migrating_to_SchedulesDirect_in_the_UK

The article may morph into something more generic; users outside of
the UK may also wish to use the JSON->XML converter if they'd like the
additional data present in the JSON feed, or the updated refresh
frequency (4x day) or more than 13 days of data. I believe that the
caching / delta mechanism will also speed up downloads.

I don't know if that means that someone in the US that wants to use
the new method just needs to take the existing wiki article and
explain how to use the grabber instead of using the native Schedules
Direct grabber within mythtv-setup and mythfilldatabase.