[mythtv-users] File permissions files are when moved into MythTV directories

Damian myth at surr.co.uk
Sat May 21 14:48:13 UTC 2016

Hi All,

The videos in my storage directories are owned by the mythtv user and
group. This seems to mean that I can finally delete content, once it's
been watched, on my remote frontends. This is something that I've not
been able to do for year, but fianlly cracked it with this latest MythTV
install.

However, when I download content, and then move it into the mythtv
storage group directories, the the user and group permissions are wrong,
so I can't delete files from the frontend again.

I know that I can manually change the permissions of files after I've
moved them, but that's a bit of a pain.

Is there any way to either automate this process, or set things up so
that the extra step is not even needed?

Thanks,
Damian