[mythtv-users] xmltv and atlas grabber

Neil Bird lists at fnxweb.com
Sat May 21 11:52:33 UTC 2016

On 21/05/16 11:18, Mike Perkins wrote:
> Is there a straightforward set of configuration instructions out there
> anywhere?

   A couple of people have posted brief instructions on the xmltv-users
list, but nothing that collates the lot.  I plan to report my findings
and a mapping of RT -> SD xmltvids that I'm about to create (I have all
the data now, but now have to correlate 168 channels [my Freeview +
basic Sky channels]).  That may have to be posted twice, once as a
readable list, and again as a set of SQL instructions for people to
convert their current database.

   I also now have the full list of ~600 SD channel IDs by channel name
for anyone to add channels.  I'll probably create a dedicated MythTV
wiki page for all this, unless someone beats me to it.

   It won't be till tomorrow at the earliest, though.  I have to do a
couple of test injections, and won't have a schedule free for that until
the morning.

   Plus, none of this works with any released XMLTV;  I'm using a build
from yesterday's snapshot at the moment (the initial config. side of
which won't work on CentOS-6 [which my PVR is] due to an old perl
LWP::UserAgent;  the fetch works OK, but I had to create the SD config
file on my Fedora box).

   All of this has caught us with our collective pants down!

--
[phoenix at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[phoenix at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature