[mythtv-users] Broken recording schedule behavior

E James e_james at dsl.pipex.com
Fri May 20 15:23:59 UTC 2016

On 12/05/16 16:48, F.B. Parker wrote:

> I'm currently running MythTV under mythbuntu 12.04. It's been working well for years.
>
> I've just encountered some weird/broken recording schedule behavior. I have had (for years) a recording schedule to record the show "The Americans" (TA). Yesterday I noticed that TA did not show up in "Upcoming Recordings" in mythweb. Searching for "The Americans" with the mythweb search box gave no results.
>
> But I went to the listings in mythweb and went to the time TA comes on, and there it was. I deleted my recording schedule for TA and redid it, starting from the listing page in mythweb. When I did this, TA still didn't show in "Upcoming Recordings".
>
> The only way I could get TA to record was to do a manual recording schedule:
>
> "Record channel x on this date and time for 1 hour"
>
> That recording worked. But it seems that I am no longer able to search for or set up a "record at any time" schedule for "The Americans".
>
> Any ideas what may be happening here or how I might fix this?
>

> -Bo Parker

Perhaps my own recent experience has some relevance.

I'm currently running MythTV 0.27 on Lubuntu 13.10 and using EIT for schedule details (Northern Ireland, UK). 13.10 is out of support and it has been quite some time since there were any updates but I am comfortable with the existing system - if it ain't broke....

In recent weeks there have been some unexpected schedule issues.
- Marvel's Agents of Shield has 2 showings a few hours apart and Myth doesn't seem to recognise the first showing as part of the series.
- For several series Myth is rerecording episodes as if they were never recorded.
- A recent showing of the western movie "The Professionals" was tagged for recording as if it was part of the TV series of the same name.

Since the software hasn't changed, I must conclude that someone is getting careless with the schedule information.
There are other examples which are unrelated to MythTV. (I only have access to 2 of the Freeview multiplexes. For other channels I have to use the internet.)
- BBC will add viewing time, at the last minute, to an event which has been scheduled for months.
- Channel 5 will broadcast an episode which is inconsistent with their own website. Sometimes it's not even the correct season.

So the point is - if Myth doesn't record as expected, is it the rule that's wrong or is it the schedule that's wrong?