[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 16.04 - Screen Blanking, won't wake up

glen glenb at glenb.us
Fri May 20 01:44:21 UTC 2016

On Fri, 2016-05-20 at 11:24 +1000, Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> On 20 May 2016 at 10:19, glen <glenb at glenb.us> wrote:
> > i solved that with a conf file for xorg.conf.d; the 'connected
> > monitor'
> > setting is the one
> >
> > you need for that issue, i believe. mine looks like this:
>

> Thanks Glen, I am at work now so can't test it immediately :)
>
> What did you name the conf file? any old name or does it have to be
> 99-<Name>.conf?
>
> thanks,

mine is 20-nvidia.conf. in the /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d directory. as far
as i know anything in there ending in .conf will get read, you could
also make an xorg.conf file and put it in /etc/X11 .
i have other stuff in the file i only gave you the stanza about the
monitor/tv no coming back on after it had been off. with the later
nvidia drivers i had to add a number of things to have myth work the
way it for me on mythbuntu on precise 12.02. i switched to arch from
mythbuntu but i believe those monitor issues are the nvidia drivers.