[mythtv-users] Broken recording schedule behavior

HP-mini blm-ubunet at slingshot.co.nz
Thu May 19 19:28:46 UTC 2016

On Thu, 2016-05-19 at 10:00 -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 05/19/2016 09:29 AM, Jon Heizer wrote:
> > On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 7:39 AM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>
> > wrote:

> >> Or, actually, first you should probably go into the frontend's Manage
> >> Recordings|Previously Recorded and see if the episode is there (should stay
> >> for a week after airing if it matched, even if it didn't record).  If not,
> >> that means your rule doesn't match the episode.  If so, it will tell you
> >> why it didn't record the episode.
> > Myth just says it is recording a later showing.  In my case it does find it
> > as a match.
>
> Thanks for checking.
>
> >    The recording rule is just a simple any channel any time that
> > has been there since the show started a few seasons ago.  My guess looking
> > at the raw data is that the last showing is marked as HDTV while the others
> > are not so maybe that is getting preferred treatment some how?
>
> That would be the case if you specified an HDTV Priority in frontend
> settings editor, under Utilities/Setup|Setup|TV Settings|Recording
> Priorities|Set Recording Priorities, under "HDTV recording priority"
> (which should probably never be set these days, since HDTV is so common
> it's very likely that your provider doesn't mark most (any?) shows as
> HDTV and this priority is based solely on the listings data).
> Alternatively, if you have Custom Priority specified, it may be
> affecting the choice of showing to record.
>
> >   They are all
> > HD and from the same channel/tuner.  SD listing data, cablecard tuner.
> >
> > Dump of program and record can be found here http://mobilemyth.net/dump.txt
> >
> > Episode in question is 'Munchkins' and the 2016-05-26 05:00:00 is the one
> > myth wants to record.
>
> Yeah, I don't see anything specific there, except that it should
> match--as you said it does.  So now it's just figuring out why it's
> choosing the later episode.
>
> Mike

No complex recording rules here.
My experience with scheduler in master (for at least 6 months) it that
it tries to push everything into the future which is the exact opposite
of the right approach. Seems like a code re-factoring mistake that I
haven't managed to find..
There are many +1hr channels (1080i -->576i) here & scheduler likes to
push recordings onto these or onto repeat showing days later.

Get scheduler pushing Al-Jazeera recordings from OTA DVB-T input onto
the 'later showing' HLS channel.

Another beef (with scheduler) is the basic recording rule allows 'record
on this card input' which is not as useful as 'record on this video
source'. Picking the input makes fixed resource allocation at the wrong
level.