[mythtv-users] Duplicate matching methods - make program ID an explicit choice

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu May 19 19:22:33 UTC 2016

On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 6:45 PM, John Veness
<John.Veness.mythtv at pelago.org.uk> wrote:
> On the other hand, apparently some series in sd_json only output the
> dd_progid, with no xmltv_ns

That is true for all the data from sd (even in the us).

My reality is that while one might get "lucky", or
perform attempts at various data massaging, I would
never presume that guide data from different sources
are likely to be reliably matched.  Too many different
way to represent (essentially) the same thing.  And
while a human might be able to perform a good "fuzzy"
match, the MythTV AI is not quite as good as even
your average human (at least not yet).