[mythtv-users] Duplicate matching methods - make program ID an explicit choice

John Veness John.Veness.mythtv at pelago.org.uk
Thu May 19 18:45:03 UTC 2016

On May 19, 2016 7:21:52 PM GMT+01:00, "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>> I haven't checked the raw output of the uk_rt grabber or the new SD
>JSON one, but if it turns out to be the case that they both use
>xmltv_ns season/episode numbering, and if program titles are the same,
>maybe the autogenerated program IDs would match too? Does anyone else
>know?
>
>That would be the case. However, I'd expect that the SD JSON one would
>
>use the dd_progid system.

Someone on the xmltv-users mailing list has been posting snippets of sample tv_grab_sd_json output for UK users, comparing with uk_rt. For example, an episode of the series Blue Eyes has the following in uk_rt:

<episode-num system="xmltv_ns">0.8/10.</episode-num>

And the following in sd_json:

<episode-num system="xmltv_ns">0.8.</episode-num>
<episode-num system="dd_progid">EP023864610009</episode-num>

I.e. it has both systems listed, and is missing the total number in the xmltv_ns case. Would Myth use the dd_progid in this case, or an autogenerated ID from the xmltv_ns text? I'd prefer it to use xmltv_ns, to make it more likely that duplicates would be matched with my old recordings correctly.

On the other hand, apparently some series in sd_json only output the dd_progid, with no xmltv_ns (I.e. no season/episode numbering) which is a shame. Those for sure will not be matched as duplicates with my old uk_rt recordings.

John