[mythtv-users] Duplicate matching methods - make program ID an explicit choice

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu May 19 18:28:13 UTC 2016

On 05/19/2016 02:21 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 05/19/2016 02:12 PM, John Veness wrote:
>>
>> I haven't checked the raw output of the uk_rt grabber or the new SD
>> JSON one, but if it turns out to be the case that they both use
>> xmltv_ns season/episode numbering, and if program titles are the
>> same, maybe the autogenerated program IDs would match too? Does
>> anyone else know?
>
> That would be the case.

Actually, I should say, "That would be the case as long as the data is
actually inserted into the MythTV database using the mythfilldatabase
xmltv parser."  If some other program is sticking the data into the
database, then it would only use the same programid if it also
duplicates the logic used in mythfilldatabase's xmltv parser.

Mike