[mythtv-users] Duplicate matching methods - make program ID an explicit choice

Neil Bird lists at fnxweb.com
Thu May 19 17:53:09 UTC 2016

On 19/05/16 17:13, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> <snip>  Now,
> if you're switching to Schedules Direct (or some other provider that
> provides a program ID encoded using the dd_progid system, this won't
> help to fix duplicate matching for previous episodes--but if nothing
> else, it should convince you that there's no harm removing the broken
> program ID data from your database.

   Thanks for that, Michael - illuminating.

   Could you please confirm my suspicions that “all” we need to do is
NULL (blank string?) the programid¹ from the oldrecorded and recorded
tables?

¹ - I've not checked the actual field name.

--
[phoenix at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[phoenix at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature