[mythtv-users] Broken recording schedule behavior

Jon Heizer jheizer at gmail.com
Thu May 19 13:29:16 UTC 2016

On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 7:39 AM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>
wrote:

> On 05/19/2016 08:36 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> On 05/18/2016 11:05 PM, Jon Heizer wrote:
>>
>>> So I replied to this last week and guess what? It just happened to me
>>> too.  I sat down to watch The Americans. Instead of it recording earlier or
>>> the reply happening in just a minute, it was recording it next week. I have
>>> 3 Prime tuners and only one was busy earlier, but not now. I wish I had
>>> time to do a log with scheduler before it started.
>>>

>> Well, now either one of you can send the information about the rule
>> settings and the program so we can figure out why it's not matching.
>>

> Or, actually, first you should probably go into the frontend's Manage
> Recordings|Previously Recorded and see if the episode is there (should stay
> for a week after airing if it matched, even if it didn't record).  If not,
> that means your rule doesn't match the episode.  If so, it will tell you
> why it didn't record the episode.

Myth just says it is recording a later showing.  In my case it does find it
as a match.  The recording rule is just a simple any channel any time that
has been there since the show started a few seasons ago.  My guess looking
at the raw data is that the last showing is marked as HDTV while the others
are not so maybe that is getting preferred treatment some how? They are all
HD and from the same channel/tuner.  SD listing data, cablecard tuner.

Dump of program and record can be found here http://mobilemyth.net/dump.txt

Episode in question is 'Munchkins' and the 2016-05-26 05:00:00 is the one
myth wants to record.

Jon