[mythtv-users] Geforce GT710

IsmoT ismot at telemail.fi
Thu May 19 12:45:36 UTC 2016

On 18/05/2016 14:35, IsmoT wrote:

>  Just want to share information about this cheap passive cooled card.
>  I have tested it and it performs well with mythtv and vdpau.
>  It can do temporal-spatial deinterlacing with 1080i content 25/30Hz
>  without any dropped frames.
>  It also can do 720p>  1080p scaling with hq scaling enabled
>  I also watch much 480i pal rate programs, and it performs well with
>  temporal-spatial and hq scaling.
>
>  I changed my old GT210 to this card, because GT210 didn't have enough
>  horsepower to do the hq scaling or temporal-spatial. It was almost
>  working, but had dropped frames time to time (maybe one in a minute or
>  two). I had to use temporal deinterlacer without hq scaling.
>  Difference is easily seen, mostly maybe hq scaling is that matters.
>  Deinterlacer differences are smaller, imho

Sounds good. Which one did you go for, exactly? Something like
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Asus-NVIDIA-Passive-Cooling-Graphics/dp/B01AY78NFW
maybe?

Can you tell me more about temporal-spatial deinterlacing and hq
scaling, as I don't recognise those exact names - are those options you
can pick in TV Settings, Playback?

John

--
John Veness, MythTV user, UK, DVB-T

Yes, it is exactly that card.
Temporal-spatial is named "advanced" in mythtv playback profiles. hq scaling must be activated manually, by putting "vdpauhqscaling" to custom filter-textbox.
This is good viki for vdpau:
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/VDPAU

-K