[mythtv-users] Geforce GT710

IsmoT ismot at telemail.fi
Wed May 18 13:35:49 UTC 2016

Just want to share information about this cheap passive cooled card.
I have tested it and it performs well with mythtv and vdpau.
It can do temporal-spatial deinterlacing with 1080i content 25/30Hz
without any dropped frames.
It also can do 720p > 1080p scaling with hq scaling enabled
I also watch much 480i pal rate programs, and it performs well with
temporal-spatial and hq scaling.

I changed my old GT210 to this card, because GT210 didn't have enough
horsepower to do the hq scaling or temporal-spatial. It was almost
working, but had dropped frames time to time (maybe one in a minute or
two). I had to use temporal deinterlacer without hq scaling. Difference
is easily seen, mostly maybe hq scaling is that matters. Deinterlacer
differences are smaller, imho