[mythtv-users] Kodi and mythfrontend together?

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Mon May 16 20:24:29 UTC 2016

On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 11:42 AM, Curtis Gedak <gedakc at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2016-05-16 06:45 AM, Phill Edwards wrote:
> >>
> >> How do you switch between the two? Or do you just quit Kodi when done? I
> >> still use a wireless keyboard because I've always used alt-tab but would
> >> love to know if there's a better solution.
> >>

> > Use the MythTV menu to go to Kodi. Then exit Kodi and go back to MythTV
> > menu.
> >

> I do the same as Phill mentioned -- exit Kodi to get bak to MythTV menu.
>  This works well with my MCE remote control which has less options than
> a full wireless keyboard.
>
> If you want to use ALT+TAB to switch back to mythtfrontend and leave
> Kodi running, then you might try spawning kodi in the background by
> appending an ampersand "&" after "kodi" in the invocation script.

How about some sort of keyboard shortcut that could invoke the app if it
isn't running or switch to it if it is? Then one could map a remote control
button to each app, if one were so inclined.

 I just set up some keyboard shortcuts in Ubuntu (alt+m for Myth, alt+k for
Kodi), but every time I use the command it launches a new copy of the
application.