[mythtv-users] HDMI keep alive, maybe via sending silent audio?

George Bingham georgeb1962 at gmail.com
Mon May 16 16:33:48 UTC 2016

Hi John,

I have recently noticed something that might help.

I used to control the volume of the TV and MythTV via my TV Remote - and
everything else MythTV-wise via my wireless keyboard.

While playing around with the mythtv audio setup, I decided to experiment
with using MythTV to control it's volume.

I have noticed now that I keep the TVs volume up higher, and use the MythTV
volume & mute keys to raise & lower the volume, and in so doing, there is
some additional noise that is introduced via either your soundcards mixer
or more noise via the mythtv software mixer.

That extra amount of noise may be enough to workaround your TV getting
silence.

Just thought it might be worth a try.

George

-- George