[mythtv-users] mythtv icons in Mate and mythweb not showing up

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Wed May 11 21:48:32 UTC 2016

On 12 May 2016 at 05:33, George Bingham <georgeb1962 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
>    Got a  really minor problem, hardly worth mentioning, but maybe there's
>  a quick fix...
>
> The mythtv icon appears in my launcher & panel menus OK, but not when
> switching between applications using the Alt-Tab key combo. There it looks
> like a circle with a slash through it.
>
> Also, my channel icons are not showing up in mythweb. Only some of my
> channels have them, so it's no big deal, but for the channels where there
> is an associated icon, I see a "broken picture" type image (whatever it's
> called that usually means that an image link is broken).
>
> Neither of these issues break anything, just thought if someone knows how
> to fix either of these issues I'd appreciate your sharing!
>
> Using the Mate DE in 16.04.
>
> TIA!
>
> -- George
>
> Hi George,

For the first issue this is probably as there is no icon embedded in the
executable [I'm sure the patch will be welcomed:)]

for mythweb please refer to
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythweb#Channel_Icons_are_not_appearing
And
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Channel_icons#Universal_Location

Additionally there is also a symlink but I'm unsure if that is used anymore

/usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/data$ ls -al tv_icons
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 30 May  9 09:50 tv_icons ->
/var/cache/mythweb/image_cache/

Cheers,

Anthony