[mythtv-users] Raspberry Pi - Audio Passthrough

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Tue May 10 22:09:15 UTC 2016

On 10/05/16 22:17, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> Hoi Stephen,
>
> Tuesday, May 10, 2016, 11:08:46 PM, you wrote:
>
>> On gmail, these e-mails are going straight into spam. That may be the
>> case at yahoo as well.
>
> It seems gmail has an issue about the mail format of among others
> Yahoo and sees them as spam!? Maybe Yahoo returns the favor. I disabled
> the gmail spamfilter.

I've noticed that recently about half the mails I get from the mailing list are encoded base64.
There's no apparent rhyme or reason as to which or why. I'm sure this didn't used to be the case.
Why bother, with plain text?

This encoding may be the reason some mails are getting dumped to spam. I know that if a suspect mail
gets flagged and it is nothing but base64, it is a sure sign that someone is trying to foist
something suspect on me and it gets immediately dumped unread.

--

Mike Perkins