[mythtv-users] mythtv-setup 0.28 segmentation fault

Khanh Tran khanh at khanh.net
Mon May 9 21:32:35 UTC 2016

It looks like even though I still can't get it to dump a core, it's a maybe
a QT5.2 fault?  Specifically libqxcb.so (part of libqt5gui5).  I'm
compiling on 64-bit Ubuntu 14.0.4,4 LTS.  I ran mythtv-setup through a
remote X/SSH and then tested with a directly connected monitor.  Everything
woks fine.  Apparently this is an issue for libqxcb.so when running through
VNC.

khanh at tv:~/Desktop$ gdb mythtv-setup -c /tmp/core 2>&1 | tee
/tmp/mythtv-backtrace.txt
GNU gdb (Ubuntu 7.7.1-0ubuntu5~14.04.2) 7.7.1
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html

and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-linux-gnu".
<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/documentation/>.
For help, type "help".
Type "apropos word" to search for commands related to "word"...
Reading symbols from mythtv-setup...done.
/tmp/core: No such file or directory.
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/local/bin/mythtv-setup
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libthread_db.so.1".
[New Thread 0x7fffdb5a9700 (LWP 1632)]

0x00007fffdd8aa7e2 in ?? () from
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/platforms/libqxcb.so
(gdb)