[mythtv-users] mythtv-setup 0.28 segmentation fault

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Mon May 9 14:03:45 UTC 2016

On 05/09/2016 05:20 AM, Khanh Tran wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've compiled mythtv as I have for many years now, but this time,
> mythtv-setup segfaults!  Backend starts fine. The database seems to be
> updated fine too.
>

> khanh at tv:~/Desktop$ mythtv-setup
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>
> I did an strace, but it's too big to be pasted here.  Any help is
> appreciated.  Thanks!

Hi,

This is a great Wiki page: https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Debugging#Using_core_files
Plus the output of "thread apply all bt" is what you'll want
if you end up creating an issue on Trac.

Speaking of Trac, https://code.mythtv.org/trac/search?q=mythtv-setup
will get you started looking for others that may have had the same
problem.

Note that the 1st match suggests old libraries may still be installed.

--
Bill