[mythtv-users] Tracking down encrypted channel

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sun May 8 14:14:25 UTC 2016

On Sun, May 8, 2016 at 11:07 AM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hoi Jeffrey,
>
> Sunday, May 8, 2016, 12:09:56 PM, you wrote:
>> Would you mind elaborating on
>
>> "But depending on how one populates the channel list, they may get
>> automatically re-added at some future time."
>
>> ?
>
>> Regards
>
>> Jeff
>
> If your grabber contains channels that are not in your setup, they get
> created. That is the main reason to hide them instead of deleting.

Depending, of course, on the grabber, and the options one uses
to process the data.  Also if one populates channels from a scan,
encryption/protection (for some channels) has been observed to
come and go, so a scan today might see them as being available,
and one adds them to the list.  And then there is the manual adding
of channels approach, which some people use.

As is usually the case, MythTV provides so many capabilities
and options there is more than one way to dig onesself a very
deep hole to later fill in, and then dig it all over again.  That is
why I was a bit vague, because I do not know which particular
tools any particular person is using.  A good memory (or good
notes) are sometimes important "for the next time".