[mythtv-users] Hide encrypted dvb channels.

Jarle Thorsen jarlethorsen at gmail.com
Sun May 8 13:43:38 UTC 2016

I want to automatically hide all channels that my card is unable to
decrypt during dvb-s channel scan.

I see that the table channelscan_channel has a column called
"decryption_status" that seem to contain the value 2, if it was not
able to be decrypted.

So far so good.

My plan was to do:

SELECT callsign, mplex_id, service_id FROM channelscan_channel WHERE
decryption_status=2

and then use mplex_id and service_id to lookup the channels in channel table.

However during my testing I found channels in the channels table that
did NOT have a corresponding entry in channelscan_channel?

Am I missing something in relation to the channel <->
channelscan_channel connection?

Shouldn't all entries in channel also have a similar entry (with
identical mplex_id/service_id) in channelscan_channel?

Example:

mysql> SELECT callsign FROM channel WHERE mplexid = 847 AND serviceid = 7063;
+---------------+
| callsign      |
+---------------+
| Nelonen Prime |
+---------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> SELECT callsign,decryption_status FROM channelscan_channel
WHERE mplex_id = 847 AND service_id = 7063;
Empty set (0.00 sec)

mysql> SELECT callsign,decryption_status,mplex_id,service_id FROM
channelscan_channel WHERE callsign = "Nelonen Prime";
+---------------+-------------------+----------+------------+
| callsign      | decryption_status | mplex_id | service_id |
| Nelonen Prime |                 2 |      838 |       7063 |
| Nelonen Prime |                 0 |      835 |       7063 |
| Nelonen Prime |                 2 |        0 |       7063 |
3 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql>

--
Jarle Thorsen