[mythtv-users] mythweb unable to connect after upgrade to 028

George Bingham georgeb1962 at gmail.com
Sun May 8 02:48:05 UTC 2016

Well,

A few steps forward, and a few steps backward...

I *think* have have it using a proper ipv6 address, however, booting up I
still see problems.

Mythbackend is not coming up during boot, or more precisely, it fails to
connect to the database so it fails.

I am not sure why, but mysql is refusing connections because although it is
"up" it's socket address isn't there yet.

By the time the computer is finished booting, logging me in automatically,
and launching the front end (which complains because sometimes it cannot
connect to the database either, or else it does that OK, but the backend is
still down so it doesn't matter), then if I start the backend, it will come
up OK.

Oh, and the scripts that set the wake-up time before powering off the
computer are working, but since the backend fails at boot time, it doesn't
much matter right now.

I have yet to create a local startup job that would run late in the boot
process that would restart the mythbackend, because I figured there had to
be a way for the startup of things to be tweaked so that the network was
stable before starting mysql, and mysql was able to accept socket
connections before mythbackend attempted one, et. al, but I am not familiar
enough with the boot process nowadays to know what to do about it.

Are you happy with having to restart the backend at the tail end of the
boot process or have you found a way to make it all just "work".

Thanks,

George

-- George