[mythtv-users] Rii RF remote keyboard

Don Brett dlbrett at zoominternet.net
Sat May 7 13:11:59 UTC 2016

On 5/1/2016 11:15 PM, Don Brett wrote:
> On 4/30/2016 3:24 PM, Thomas Boehm wrote:
>> On 30/04/16 20:00, Thomas Boehm wrote:
>>
>>> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Keyboard_Special_Keys
>> I just re-assigned the Skip Back, Play/Pause and Skip Forward as
>> following in ~/.Xmodmap
>>

>> keycode 171 = Next
>> keycode 172 = P
>> keycode 173 = Prior
>>

>> I couldn't get the keycodes for V+ and V-, but they work for me anyway.
>> In the audio settings of the frontend I have
>>
>> Audio Mixer -> Mixer Controls: -> Master
>>
>> HTH
>> Thomas
>>
> Thanks for the tip, I gave it a quick try, looked promising. I'll work
> on it this week.
>
> Don
>

> ---

I got the codes for play/next/prior, just as mentioned (thanks!), but
volume buttons don't work.  After searching, I  found evtest, which
shows more on key codes (volume button keycodes are 114 and 115) .  That
didn't solve it, but I did discover that the volume buttons were being
intercepted by the system volume control.  Test went like:

Go to desktop > press vol-down button > system volume dialogue is
displayed > press vol-down several times until it reaches bottom (full-OFF).

Go into MythTv and watch recording > press vol-up button several times >
no effect on volume

Exit Mythtv to desktop > press vol-down button once > system volume
dialogue is displayed > setting is all the way at the top (full-ON).

Suggestions? Maybe I should look into the system volume controls?

---