[mythtv-users] One step forward, two steps back - Frontends not woring properly

Damian myth at surr.co.uk
Mon May 2 17:00:25 UTC 2016

On 02/05/2016 17:21, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> Hoi Hika,
>
> Monday, May 2, 2016, 6:10:45 PM, you wrote:
>
>> Hoi Damian,
>> Monday, May 2, 2016, 6:02:40 PM, you wrote:

>>> Hi Hika,
>>> On the frontend machines, those commands return no results. Just goes to
>>> a new line in the terminal as though I had just pressed enter with no
>>> command at all.
>>> On the backend, I get ...
>>> $ pgrep -l myth
>>> 2145 mythbackend
>>> $ ps -A | grep myth
>>>    2145 ?        00:40:32 mythbackend
>>> Is that useful?
>>> Thanks,
>>> Damian
>> YES, there is a (slave)mythbackend running on that machine! So if
>> there is no tuner configured for that backend, it will keep
>> complaining and the master too, slowing everything down.
>> So you have to stop it and make sure it won't start again.
>> Unfortunatly I do not know the systemd syntax for that, but it will be
>> similar as you used to stop the frontend.
> Except of cause when you ran it on your backend machine. The it is OK
> ;-)
>
> That command shows all running services containing myth in their name.
>
>> Tot mails,
>>    Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

It's fixed! (hopefully)

I went back into the backend setup as I remembered that changing the
entry in that IPv6 box changed things last time.

A few things have changed since then, so I wanted to go back in and see
if changing the IPv6 setting would change things again. I assumed that
it would make things worse, but knew that I cut put things back if needed.

I was surprised to find that there were 3 options for the IPv6 setting
(see
https://www.dropbox.com/s/twcih9pkd2sp4to/2016-05-02%2017_11_44-gingerserver_0%20-%20TigerVNC.png?dl=0).

The one that worked was the default, "::1".

That wasn't working before, but obviously the changes we have made have
altered things so that it can work!

I've now had the 2 remote frontends playing different media and grabbing
meta-data for the last 15 minutes or so. All seems to be fine!!

Thanks for the help everyone. I'd be lots without you lot!!

Thanks again,
Damian